On Friday March 3rd, at the Lugano Exhibition Centre (Padiglione Conza), the City (see Photo Gallery) celebrated the first 365 days since the start of its Plan ₿ initiative, announcing many novelties for the second year of activity of the project, born in collaboration with Tether, including:
- The opportunity for citizens and residents, starting in April 2023, to pay taxes and municipal services in Bitcoin, Tether (USDT) and LVGA;
- The launch of a Spring School (21 and 28 April, 12 and 26 May 2023), in collaboration with USI, SUPSI and Franklin University Switzerland, which will help local professionals explore how blockchain technology can foster their business;
- The renewal, for a second edition, of the Plan ₿ Summer School (2-15 July 2023, for info and registration click here), which last year saw 86 students from 29 countries around the world flying to Lugano to delve into crypto topics with industry experts of the calibre of Adam Back;
- The forthcoming opening of a Plan ₿ Hub at the historic former headquarters of Banca Intermobiliare, in Contrada Sassello, which will be refurbished and turned into a fully equipped co-working space (also equipped with gym, bar and restaurant) to bring together in Lugano companies, experts and start-ups related to Bitcoin, Peer-to-Peer and Lightning Network technologies.
- Last but not least, the return of the Plan ₿ Forum (20-21 October 2023, 1500+ participants in 2022), with an even bigger and more surprising formula, which has already received hundreds of pre-sales adhesions.
There will, of course, be other initiatives and events for Lugano residents, shopkeepers, tourists and entrepreneurs who want to re-launch themselves on the shores of Lake Lugano.
Let’s find out together what they think about it, through their voices on social media and the press review following the event in the Padiglione Conza.